Over the last two months, my husband and I have both transitioned from working from home to going to an office everyday. It’s been a surprisingly easy transition–but, we’re still trying to figure out how to make sure we both have something easy to take for lunches. We can do leftovers when we have them–but lately cooking at night has been a challenge too (that’s another post!), so we took some advice from Pioneer Woman and made ahead these breakfast burritos to grab for quick lunches (or breakfasts!).
- We followed the recipe on Pioneer Woman–and just left out the meat. You could also use Morningstar Sausage Pattys–they’re one of the only faux-meat products we buy regularly. If you’re cooking for meat-eaters–they probably wouldn’t even notice the difference between these and regular sausage.
- We got a 10 burritos out of a dozen eggs–so feel free to adjust the Pioneer Woman recipe as needed.
- I wrapped ours in aluminum foil and put them in the freezer until we need them.
- When I use these for quick lunches, I just grab them in the morning from the freezer and put them in the fridge when I get to work.
- To reheat: Microwave on high for 2 minutes. I usually cut mine in half at this point–if the inside isn’t hot–I’ll put it in for another 30 seconds to a minute.