- 1 pizza crust of your choice or make your own with this recipe.
- 1 cup shreeded cheese of your choice (I used about ¼ cheddar and the rest mozz).
- 3 black bean burgers chopped into ½ inch pieces (if frozen, defrost first)
- Taco seasoning
- 1 cup of chopped lettuce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup of salsa (homemade recipe here)
- 1 avocado- sliced
- + any additional toppings you think would be tasty on a taco pizza
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
If I make the dough from scratch, I usually let it cook for a few minutes before I add the toppings, but if it’s a store bought crust, just follow the directions.
Put the oil in a sauté pan on the stove. Add chopped black bean burger, taco seasoning and the water. Cook on medium heat until the sauce thickens.
Top crust with about ¾ of the shreaded cheese.
Add seasoned black bean mixture.
Put in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes (or until crust is cooked, if not pre-cooked, and cheese melts).
Take out of the oven and top with lettuce, salsa, remaining cheese and sliced avo. Plus whatever extra ingredients you desire (sour cream would be a good one!).