Next week I’m going on vacation to beautiful Colorado so I’m in the midst of researching things to do & places to see. It’s no secret that I love to travel, most of the times internationally but lately I’ve been taking a lot of mini domestic trips (like Miami a few weeks ago, & charming Savannah, to name a few). The States is a beautiful country with so much to see I’m slowly making my way to all 50 states & exploring. At heart I’m a nature girl, I love camping, hiking, the mountains…needless to say I’m ecstatic about going to Colorado. I’ll be spending time in Denver, Boulder & Rocky Mountains National Park; here’s a list of the things I’m most excited about doing:
- Exploring several trails at Rocky Mountains National Park: There is a vast array of options, from expert to novice, & I’m so excited to see the mountains! Growing up in Colombia I lived really close to mountains most of my childhood, it’s something I miss living in flat Florida. Speaking of flat…
- Hiking the Flatirons in Boulder: I’m hoping the fires in this region will not deter us from checking out the Flatirons, a mountain chain in the middle of Boulder. From what I hear Boulder is a charming college town admist the Flatirons with plenty to do besides hike: restaurants, shops, bars & lounges. We’re hoping to spend at least a day checking out all that Boulder has to offer, including the awesome Boulders Farmers Market to pick up provisions before we spend the weekend in the mountains.
- The Stanley Hotel: Have you ever read or seen the movie The Shining? Well the hotel that inspired Stephen King to write the novel is in Estes Park, CO & it’s beautiful! The Stanley hotel has a restaurant, a bar & large grounds to explore so we’re making sure we check it out!
- Redrocks Ampitheatre: We can’t go to Denver without making a stop at one of the most famous concert venues in the country, am I right?
- Breweries: Colorado is known for having a ton of microbreweries & this girl sure loves a good brew! Sure, beer isn’t healthy by any means but sometimes you work hard to play hard too. We’ll definitely be checking out at least one brewery while we’re out there, either the Coors Brewery in Denver or making a trip out to Fort Collins to check out the “napa valley of beers” as my friend refers to it
- Do Life Tour: Ben from Ben Does Life will be making a stop in Denver while we’re there so we’ll be joining them! Last year I met Ben & co when Do Life came to Orlando & had a blast. The Do Life movement is all about empowering people that are looking to make a change in their life, pursue a healthy lifestyle & share that with those around them. I’m excited to join this group, run a 5K with them & meet incredible people
Can you tell I’m ready to go on vacation already?! I’m growing more excited by the minute! If you’ve ever been to Colorado & have must dos for me please share your recommendations — I’d love to hear them!